Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 86

Thread: Converting A7 cabinets into MLTL

  1. #71
    HB Super Moderator
    Converting A7 cabinets into MLTL


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Converting A7 cabinets into MLTL

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Hmm, for the record, I didn't understand what you meant by "Try changing the color of this link and you will get the hint..." since I was able to change it to blue, which worked, hence my response.

    The red link OTOH was just a plain text copy to show red, so just now have made it a live link......does it work?

    GM
    Yes it works now... But my point is you guys know how to do it. Everyone else may not, hence my concern. It would just be easier if all links were posted the normal Blue color
    by default.

    Maybe I or one of you guys can start an OT:thread on hyperlinks until we can get this sorted (Hostboard) so folks can learn how to do it if they don't yet know how... Dunno what you guys think ? I created a clickable link (Blue Color) to the Avid Audio Community that has a pretty easy to follow post on making clickable links.
    Last edited by Altec Best; March 15th, 2016 at 09:42 PM.

  2. #72
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Converting A7 cabinets into MLTL

    Yes, we already agreed it ideally needs to be fixed globally. We could make a sticky, but considering only a 'handful' of us seem to care..........

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  3. #73
    Senior Hostboard Member VolvoHeretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2011
    Location
    The Exact Center of North America
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Converting A7 cabinets into MLTL

    Thanks for that link AB, I always wondered how people did that link stuff.

    Wardsweb
    "James, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" World's scariest Volvo: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKn-LTNa4rc[/url]

  4. #74
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Converting A7 cabinets into MLTL

    but considering only a 'handful' of us seem to care..........
    Quality over quantity.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  5. #75
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Converting A7 cabinets into MLTL

    Or something else as I haven't seen many on other forums either unless they use dramatically different monikers.

    Speaking of which, Brad [b'fish] hasn't responded to emails for a long time now and searched other forums without luck, so all I know is the email account is still there.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  6. #76
    HB Super Moderator
    Converting A7 cabinets into MLTL


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Converting A7 cabinets into MLTL

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    but considering only a 'handful' of us seem to care..........

    GM
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    Quality over quantity.
    It only takes one person to make it worthwhile for me !


    Quote Originally Posted by VolvoHeretic View Post
    Thanks for that link AB, I always wondered how people did that link stuff.
    Your Welcome VH !

  7. #77
    Hostboard Member kwingylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2010
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Converting A7 cabinets into MLTL

    Guys:
    In researching this topic I thought I had run into a post where someone showed an internal view of the A7 cabinet that had been modified into a scoop horn.. am I delirious or is there such a beast?
    Also, with the discussions on 411 and 2245 as A7 subs, I was wondering if even an open baffle approach might be considered: such as done by companies such as Emerald Physics....
    Someone ought to compile all of the great information here into a book. Great Site!

    PS, I recently went to my buddy home and listened to his A5s again, his cabinets are totally modified, his N500C crossovers are also unmodified. The 1005B/288-16Gs and 515Bs just plain sound awesome driven by a period MAC 275. I am going to start with that.



    Kwing

  8. #78
    HB Super Moderator
    Converting A7 cabinets into MLTL


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Converting A7 cabinets into MLTL

    Quote Originally Posted by kwingylee View Post
    Great Site!

    PS, I recently went to my buddy home and listened to his A5s again, his cabinets are totally modified, his N500C crossovers are also unmodified. The 1005B/288-16Gs and 515Bs just plain sound awesome driven by a period MAC 275. I am going to start with that.



    Kwing

    Sounds good.. Please keep us posted with your progress...

  9. #79
    Hostboard Member kwingylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2010
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Converting A7 cabinets into MLTL

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Sounds good.. Please keep us posted with your progress...
    I took my first step by getting a pc that still runs on Windows 95/98 so I can setup my electro voice ISPs-100 crossover that I got a few years ago... Weather is warming up and I am ready

  10. #80
    Senior Hostboard Member westend9's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    296
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Converting A7 cabinets into MLTL

    Quote Originally Posted by kwingylee View Post
    I took my first step by getting a pc that still runs on Windows 95/98 so I can setup my electro voice ISPs-100 crossover that I got a few years ago... Weather is warming up and I am ready
    FWIW, one of the best implementations of subwoofers and similar 825/828 cabinets I've listened to were the "H" style subwoofers, two drivers per cabinet and drivers opposed within. The owner was using Peerless drivers for the subs and had extensive knowledge of all things audio, including the source, amplification gear, and room treatments.
    In my situation, I've found the MLTL cabinets w/416 GM designed for me obviates the use of subwoofers for Hifi listening. I sometimes break out a big subwoofer for movies but it is a one-trick-pony, IME.

    Good luck with your build!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.